Homely Quasi sonnet

# 4 Visiting

In Nadi I felt her closer by a kava bowl
3 norwegian girls, on the same flight
hussled by locals, indian and native
whisked away in LA, by a big black dudes convertible
I met a crack head on Mullholland drive, then walked
to the Hollywood sign, upper class fists shaking at me
Even closer now in the hum of scandinavian conversation in Heathrow
like a vibration aganist the bone of my temporal lobes, spreading
I slipped into her, breath so crisp and white, I had forgotten

she slapped me in the lungs and welcomed me back to her wooden house

an insulated basement of a natural brown home, with an out-house for granny

my sister gave me a facetted amethyst, my parents gave me a warm jacket

she held my heart as if it had never left, as if ignoring that it will leave

I left with casual words as if the world wouldn't change